Shopping Mall Use Case – Draft
Shopping malls are in the business of generating shopper traffic for their tenants. The goal of shopping malls is to have the right mix of stores, restaurants, services and entertainment opportunities to draw shoppers and entertainment seekers to the mall.
Based on the mall configuration and the mix of tenants, the mall has the opportunity to shape shoppers’ visits by influencing the number of stores shopped and length of stay in the mall. By knowing the number of shoppers visiting the mall, where they go and how long they stay in the mall, the mall can justify value to their tenants.
CountBOX offers the following people services to malls
- Accurate counting of shoppers entering and exiting the mall
- Near-real time counts of shoppers in the mall
- Benchmarking of shopper traffic by time of day, day of week and season
- Determination of prime shopping hours within the mall by day of week
Using WIFI technology, CountBOX is able to determine where shoppers go in malls and how long they stay in the mall. CountBOX is able to provide the mall management:
- Heat maps by time period to show high and low areas of traffic within the mall
- Dwell time reports showing average time spent in the mall by time period
- When coupled with people counters, CountBOX can estimate the percentage of shoppers visiting different areas in the malls
- Traffic patterns within the mall yielding information for providing impression estimates for in-mall digital and other signage
CountBOX is one of the only shopper analysis companies to offer shopper profiles using facial recognition technology. Using additional facial recognition sensors, CountBOX provides malls the following demographics on their shoppers:
- Age category
- Mood of the shopper
By using CountBOX technology malls are able to eliminate costly surveys to determine who is shopping in the mall, when and where shoppers go in the mall. Additionally, malls can justify their value to tenants and can use CountBOX shopper count data to optimize mall staffing and even optimize other mall systems such as its HVAC system.
Please sign in to leave a comment.